These are the steps for changing the oil on your Honda Odyssey (2005-2010).
- Place ramps in front of van: You will need a pair of ramps like these Rino ramps here. Drive the van onto the ramps. You will be able to tell when you are all the way on because it will bump the end of the ramp.
- Drain oil: The oil pan is below the van under the passenger side. You will see a plug with a screw. Loosen the screw (17mm) and have the pan under it to drawn the oil and let it drain out. Now replace the plug and tighten it.
- Remove the oil filter: Next you will remove the filter from the van. You will need an oil filter wrench. Make sure the oil pan is still under the van because oil will come out of the filter.
- Install new filter: Once the oil is out and the filter is removed add the new filter. Be sure to put a little oil on the seal before placing the new filter on. Hand tighten and had about a half turn with the wrench.
- Add new oil: Now you will add about 4 1/2 quarts of oil(5w30).