These are the steps for replacing the cabin air filter in a Honda Odyssey.
When to Replace: You need to replace the cabin filter every 20,000-30,000 miles.
Part Needed: Cabin Air Filter (1999-2004)
Time Needed: 20 minutes
- Remove clips that hold up glove box: When you open the glove box there are two clips that hold it up on each side. You need to remove both by pushing in the tabs on the outside of the glove box and pushing the clip in. It will then slide out allowing the glove box to come all the way down.
- Remove the screws holding in the plastic plate: Once all the way down you will see a plastic plate across the bottom behind the glove box. (This is only there the first time you replace the air filter) You will need to cut it on each side and remove it.
- Remove the two screws : There is a screw on each side holding the plastic to the frame. Remove those two screws.
- Remove the glove box completely: Next you need to remove the two philips head screws holding in the glove box from underneath. There is one on each side at the bottom hinge. Make sure you don’t lose the clips on each on that it screws into.
- Remove the bolts: After the screws and plastic piece are removed you will have two bolts holding in the metal bar located directly behind the plastic piece you removed. (12mm)
- Remove the air filter: Next you will need to remove the cover on the air filter by pulling up on it from the bottom. It will click out and pull up. Remove the air filter.
- Install new air filter: The last step is to install the new filter. You will need to make sure you match the air flow direction on the new air filter with what is on the van.