This will fix your van door locks if they are not working correctly.
When to replace: If your door will only lock manually.
Part Needed: Be sure to pick the part number that matches your year and style listed below:
|ODYSSEY||2004||5DR LX||KA 5AT|
|ODYSSEY||2003||5DR LX||KA 5AT|
|ODYSSEY||2002||5DR LX||KA 5AT|
|ODYSSEY||2001||5DR LX||KA 4AT|
|ODYSSEY||2000||5DR EX||KA 4AT|
|ODYSSEY||2000||5DR EX (NAVIGATION)||KA 4AT|
|ODYSSEY||2000||5DR LX||KA 4AT|
|ODYSSEY||1999||5DR EX||KA 4AT|
|ODYSSEY||1999||5DR LX (CAPTAIN)||KA 4AT|
|ODYSSEY||2004||5DR EX||KA 5AT|
|ODYSSEY||2004||5DR EX (RES)||KA 5AT|
|ODYSSEY||2004||5DR EXL (LEATHER NAV)||KA 5AT|
|ODYSSEY||2004||5DR EXL (LEATHER RES)||KA 5AT|
|ODYSSEY||2004||5DR EXL (LEATHER)||KA 5AT|
|ODYSSEY||2003||5DR EX||KA 5AT|
|ODYSSEY||2003||5DR EXL (LEATHER NAV)||KA 5AT|
|ODYSSEY||2003||5DR EXL (LEATHER RES)||KA 5AT|
|ODYSSEY||2003||5DR EXL (LEATHER)||KA 5AT|
|ODYSSEY||2002||5DR EX||KA 5AT|
|ODYSSEY||2002||5DR EXL (LEATHER NAV)||KA 5AT|
|ODYSSEY||2002||5DR EXL (LEATHER RES)||KA 5AT|
|ODYSSEY||2002||5DR EXL (LEATHER)||KA 5AT|
|ODYSSEY||2001||5DR EX||KA 4AT|
|ODYSSEY||2001||5DR EX (NAVIGATION)||KA 4AT|
Time Needed: 40 minutes
You can always purchase the complete Honda Odyssey 1999-2004 repair manual here.
- Remove sliding door handle: There is a small clip holding this handle on that is shaped like a horse shoe. You will need to pop it down to get the black handle off. (I used a fork to push down on it from the top.)
- Remove the screw behind the handle: Once the handle is removed you will see a small screw behind it. Simply remove this.
- Pull off the door panel: The next step is to simply pull off the door panel. It is held on by small clips and they will pop out. It may take a little force, but it will come off.
- Unscrew and remove lock: The next step is unscrewing and removing the lock. It is right next to the door handle and is what you use to lock the door manually.
- Pull back plastic cover: There will be a plastic cover over all of the door. The next step is to pull that back. You do not need to pull it all the way off, but simply pull it back and let it hang down far enough to get to the lock actuator that is behind the lock you just removed.
- Loosen and remove screws on lock system: You will now need to loosen the top two screws above the lock system and remove the bottom screws holding it in. You will also need to disconnect the two cables attached to it.
- Pop out plastic hinge: There is a plastic hinge that is in the bottom right of the lock system. You will need to push it apart. It takes a little bit of work, but it will come apart.
- Pull out lock system: The lock system in the door should be free and now you can pull it out. It takes a little work, but you can get it out of the door.
- Flip over and unscrew actuator: Once you have it out flip over the lock system and unscrew the actuator. It has 3 screws holding it in at the top.
- Attach new actuator: This is the last step! Screw on the new actuator and reassemble the door in the opposite order.